Sunday, September 20, 2009

Where Have I Been?...

I thought you'd never ask! I have been PAINTING for the past week! I got started with a few projects...and it snowballed from there. But, it is SO nice to have all of this stuff done! Only a few more things to paint :-)

We got a "hand-me-down" dresser from my Mom. Mike wanted to give it to the D.I. but I saw potential...



Nice, don't you think?!


My bathroom was okay...but a little dull...so I faux painted and...


LOVE it!



My brother made us this bed for our wedding present. I love it. But, after almost 10 years, I am pretty sick of the white. So, I wanted a change...


And I got a drastic change!


We got this nice table from Mike's brother and again, have loved it but I wanted a change on this too...


So I stripped, and painted and sanded and stained and got this! This is my favorite project that I did.


I also faux painted my kitchen and it totally warmed it up. I finally like my kitchen a LOT more!


My poor kids and husband! When I find a project, I RUN with it! I learned a lot from these...and have to say it is a bit addicting! My back hurts, my body is black, and brown from paint, but I LOVE what i have done! Now...I will probably start faux painting my bedroom. (Yes Mike...this IS your warning!)

11 comments:

Tringali Family said...

What beautiful work, all of it! Projects are so much fun...when you are done with them that is :)

The Wynn Family said...

They look great. Brad wants me to do the faux painting, but I have to say I am a bit scared. I love how your table turned out. Way to go!

JJ said...

What up da Vinci? I love, love, love everything! What a huge difference some paint makes! You should totally go into the business! ;)

Niki said...

Dude! You are talented! Can you come and help me with my projects??

Shea said...

LOVE what you have done!! You need to teach me some things! I miss you tons and love ya!

Michelle Catherine Walker said...

I especially love the kitchen table! Can I have one? :)

Mindy said...

Holy talented! You are amazing...and patient! Way to go! I'd say you find a project and run with it! Don't you have a baby? LOVE LOVE LOVE the kitchen table!!

cragun family said...

WOW, you go girl! I wish I had 1/2 that energy. The house looks great. You have skills!

Bethany said...

So when are you coming to my house??? It could use some of your amazing skills. Wow! Everything looks great! You are definitely a woman of all trades. :)

Nicole said...

Kara- I can't even look at my table and chairs anymmore! All I can think about is how cute it could be! So I have a few questions...what kind of black paint did you use? And did you sand the sides of the chair when you were done?

Anonymous said...

Great job on the painting. I love finding treasure and making them into something grand.